You should also read our Terms of Service which set out the contract between you and ImpaKarma.2. The information we collect about you and how we use it
We need to collect and use certain Personal Data to provide the Services to you and fulfill the promises we make to you in the Terms of Service:
● When you sign up for our Services you give us Personal Data voluntarily by providing it to us, for example when you sign up for an account. We collect and use that information in order to authenticate you when you register an account and use the Services, to make sure you are eligible and able to receive the Services, and so that you receive the correct version of the Services. That information includes your age, the username you choose to use on our Services, and internal account IDs that we assign to your account.
○ If you choose to link your Google account to the Services, we will collect your Google email address and an authentication token provided by Google.
○ If you choose to link your Facebook account to the Services, we will collect a unique user ID provided by Facebook and, if permitted by you, your Facebook registered email address.
○ If you choose to link your Apple account to the Services, we will collect your email address on file with your Apple ID account or a private relayed email address if you use the Hide My Email option provided by Apple.
● Depending on the particular Service you sign up for, we may support other external single sign-on services and collect additional Personal Data from them.
Some external providers may notify you that they make additional information, such as your public profile, available to us when you use their single sign-on services. We do not collect that information from them.
● We collect and use your device location information as you use our Services (and, if you elect to turn on background location tracking for our Services, while you are not directly interacting with the Services), including how you move around and events that occur during Acts of kindness. Our Services include location-based Act of Kindness whose core feature is to provide an action to be performed tied to your real location, so we need to know where you are to operate, and to plan the location of the ImpActs(for example spot full of trash, oils on beach, ….). We identify your location using a variety of technologies, including GPS, the WiFi points you are accessing the Service through, and mobile/cell tower triangulation.
● We also collect and use your actions and achievements, as well as certain information about your mobile device (including device identifiers, device OS, model, configuration, settings, and information about third-party applications or software installed on your device), to operate the Services for you and to personalize your user experience.
● We also use the information above to show sponsored locations that are in your vicinity as part of the community experience.
● We further use the information above in order to provide technical and customer support to you.
● You also give us Personal Data when you make a purchase through us, subscribe to our publications, register for a live event, enter a competition, promotion, sweepstakes or survey or communicate with us. Depending on which of these Services you use, that may include your name, mailing address, phone number, country of residency, age, and email address. We use that information to fulfill those Services to you and to provide related customer support to you.
In addition, we have and rely on a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data as follows:
● Using your IP address, browser type, operating system, the web page you were visiting before accessing our Services, the pages of our Services which you browsed or the features you used, and the time spent on those pages or features, the links on our Services that you click on, device and advertising identifiers, age, as well as actions you take while using our App, your user settings and preferences and your in-app purchases to understand who is using our Services and how.
● Using your contact information, namely your email address in order to communicate with you to provide technical and customer support.
● Using your internal account ID and username in order to attribute to your account any user content (such as local points of interest) that you elect to submit to ImpaKarma through the Services.
● Using your email address and device information in order to share updates and news with you either within the App or by email. You can unsubscribe from these at any time in your device settings or in-app settings.
● Analyzing your in-App actions and achievements to show you rewards, promotions, or other offers about our Services that are tailored to your personal user experience. You can choose to opt-out of this and certain other processing of your Personal Data by following the steps described in Section 7 below.
● To personalize the ads you see in our apps to make them more relevant to you, and to show sponsored gifts containing messages and/or offers from our advertisers relevant to your vicinity on the map. You can choose to opt-out of receiving sponsored gifts by visiting the in-app settings. You can choose to opt-out of personalized advertisements by visiting the settings on your device and activating “Limit Ad Tracking” on Apple devices, or activating “Opt-out of Ads Personalisation” on Android devices.
● To provide social features within our community so you can interact and organize Acts of Kindness (ImpActs) with other ImpaHeros, including storing your communications, content, and other information shared with those ImpaHeros, finding your friends and being found by them, including through imported contacts, and sharing your experience and achievements with your friends. You can visit your ImpaKarma Profile in-app settings for opt-out options.
● To offer new or additional features for our Services.
● To organize and run live events based on or featuring our Community. Note that when you participate in live events your actions and achievements, username and your avatar, team, and other components of your in-App profile will be visible to other event participants and to the public (for example on leaderboards displayed at the event and online).
● Using your in-App actions and achievements, as well as certain information about your mobile device (including device identifiers, device OS, model, configuration, settings and information about third-party applications or software installed on your device), to carry out anti-fraud and anti-cheating measures against behaviors prohibited under our Terms of Service, to ensure that we provide a fair gaming experience to all players.
● To make legal or regulatory disclosures and to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
We will only use your Personal Data to do the following if we have your consent:
● If you elect to turn on background activity tracking in our Services we will collect your Personal Data as you use the Services as well as in the background when you do not have the Services open on your device. This includes your device location and your fitness activity data (such as Step Count, Calories Burned, and Distance Walked). We use background activity tracking to provide you with certain functionalities in the Services such as in-App items and rewards tied to your fitness activity level and location, and alerts for nearby Acts of Kindness events. You can change your mind and turn off background activity tracking at any time in your device settings or in-app settings.
With your permission we use your device’s health app (Apple HealthKit if you use an Apple device, or Google Fit if you use an Android device) to collect your fitness activity data: we read and/or write your fitness activity data to your device’s health app to operate background activity tracking and to ensure you get “credit” in your device’s health app for all of the walkings you do while helping your community. We do not use data collected through Apple Health Kit or through Google Fit for marketing or advertising purposes. Our Services cannot read from or write to your device’s health app without your consent. You can change your mind and disable our access to any type of fitness activity data at any time in your Apple Health or Google Fit app settings on your device.
● If you elect to enable the Facebook User Friends permission available in our App, we will import from your Facebook account the list of your friends who also are ImpaHeros and enabled Facebook User Friends. If you enable that permission, your Facebook profile picture and the name on your Facebook account will be visible to your friends in-App. You can change your mind and unfriend other players at any time from your in-app Friends settings. You can also revoke Facebook permissions for our App directly from your Facebook account settings.
● If you elect to add information about ImpaKarma live or in-App events to your mobile calendar, we will, with your permission, access your device’s calendar and write in these events. We do not access or collect any other information from your calendar. You can change your mind and disable access to your calendar at any time in your device settings.
● If you elect to import your device’s address book contacts to find out which of your contacts uses our Services and to send them Friend requests, or invite them to join you in our App or other aspects of our Services, we will periodically sync your contacts’ information, including phone number and email, to our servers. You are responsible for ensuring your collection and sharing with us of your contacts’ information is compliant with applicable laws. This may require you to obtain your contacts’ permission. We may also get information about you from other ImpaKarma users importing or entering their contacts. We use and may store this contact information to help you and your contacts connect through our Services. You can change your mind and turn off ImpaKarma’s access to your contacts at any time in your device settings.
● If you elect to upload content, such as photos or videos from your mobile device, into our Services, we will, with your permission, access your device’s media storage. You can change your mind and disable access to your media storage at any time in your device settings.
● Send you marketing materials by email or via in-app notifications. You can unsubscribe from these at any time in your device settings or in-app settings.
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, ImpaKarma currently does not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application due to the lack of industry-standard on how to interpret that signal.3. Who we share information with
We will not share any Personal Data that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
● run, operate and maintain our Services through third party platforms and software tools;
● perform content moderation and crash analytics;
● run email and mobile messaging campaigns;
● perform user and marketing analytics;
● to provide measurement services and target ads (you can opt out of these services at websites such as http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/);
● administer live events, competitions, sweepstakes and promotions, including registering players, managing check-in and attendance, verifying eligibility and prize fulfilment;
● provide payment attribution;
● provide technical and customer support; and
● process payments for live events ticketing or other purchases.
When you use the Services, and in particular when you use social features within our App, or take part in live events, we will share certain Personal Data with other Users. This Personal Data includes your in-App profile (such as your username, your avatar, your online status, and your team), your in-App actions and achievements, locations associated with your ImpActs, and your in-App messages and related content you share with other users.Information Shared Publicly:
When you use the Services and use competitive features, or participate in our forums, the following information about you may be shared on web pages accessible to the public and therefore become publicly available: your username, in-App profile, achievements, and public messages.Information Shared with Third Parties.
We share Anonymous Data with third parties for industry and market analysis. We may share Personal Data with our third-party publishing partners for their direct marketing purposes only if we have your express permission. We do not share Personal Data with any other third parties for their direct marketing purposes.Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We only share information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties when we reasonably believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas and warrants); (b) to protect our property, rights, and safety and the property, rights, and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (c) to investigate and stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions
. Information that we collect from our users, including Personal Data, is a business asset. If we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your Personal Data, will be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.4. How your Personal Data is transferred
If we transfer your Personal Data from the UK or the EEA to other countries, including the USA, we ensure that a similar degree of protection is provided to your Personal Data as within the UK or the EEA, as applicable, by ensuring that at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
● The country that your Personal Data is transferred to is a country that the European Commission (or the UK Government, if you are based in the UK) has deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data as the UK or the EEA, as applicable.
● We use specific contracts approved by the European Commission (or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, if you are based in the UK), which give Personal Data the same protection as it has in the UK or the EEA, as applicable, when we engage with service providers.5. How we keep your Personal Data safe
We have appropriate legal, organizational and technical security measures in place to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, improperly altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your Personal Data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.6. How long we will keep your Personal Data
When we no longer need to use your Personal Data and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we will either remove it from our systems or anonymize it so that it can no longer be associated with you. When removing Personal Data, we will take commercially reasonable and technically feasible measures to make said Personal Data irrecoverable or irreproducible.7. Your rights and choices
You have certain rights in relation to your Personal Data. In order to exercise these rights, please contact us at: [email protected]
- Request access to the Personal Data we hold on you by emailing [email protected]
- Delete or correct your Personal Data. The easiest way to update your account information is via your in-app settings. You can also submit a customer support request through our support website or [email protected]
- Ask us to stop processing your Personal Data, including for direct marketing and promotional purposes such as tailored rewards, promotions, and other offers, by emailing [email protected]
But be aware that sometimes we need to use your Personal Data in order to provide the Services to you.
- Have your Personal Data transferred to another organization (where it is technically feasible).
- Complaint to a regulator. We'd appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns directly so we'd prefer you to contact us first. However, if you're based in the UK or the EEA and believe that we have not complied with data protection laws, you can complain to your local supervisory authority.
The law provides exceptions to these rights in certain circumstances. Where you cannot exercise one of these rights due to such an exception, we will explain to you why.
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data and we’ll respect the choices you make. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with the Personal Data that we request, you may not be able to access all of the features of the Services.
After you contact us, you may receive an email in order to verify your request. We aim to provide the information or complete the outcome you request within 30 days, or such shorter time period as provided by laws of your jurisdiction8. Children
Unless stated otherwise for a particular Service, children are not allowed to use the Services, and we do not collect Personal Data from them. We define “children” as follows:
- Residents of the UK: anyone under 13 years old.
- Residents of the EEA: anyone under 16 years old, or the age needed to consent to the processing of personal data in your country of residence.
- Residents of the Republic of Korea, anyone under 14 years old.
California law requires that we make certain disclosures about your data. We do not sell your Personal Data. The information listed in Section 2 falls under the following California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) categories: identifiers, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, and visual information.